[ Home ] [ Families ]
1. HENRY C SCHWARTZ, SR was born Abt. 1770 in Dutch Fork, SC, and died
1835 in Dutch Fork, SC. He married (1) SUSAN M.
He married (2) MARY ANN. She died 1839.
Notes for HENRY C SCHWARTZ, SR:
1. Henry Schwartz (Black) was the half-brother to the Eptings. Although I have searched, I have not been able to
find the biological father of Henry. He was raised by his mother, Anna Christina and step-father Adam Frederick
Epting. In 1794, Henry Black bought from Adam Epting and wife Eve, 100 acre survey of 1770 to Adam
Frederick Epting on Cannons Creek (Newberry Deeds Q-2, P. 159). In 1835, the heirs of Henry Schwartz, Sr.
(Henry Black) at that time were: Henry Schwartz, George Reichert and wife Mary, Adam Schwartz, David
Kunkel and wife Christina, Rosanna Schwartz, Magdeline Schwartz, and Juliana Schwartz. Dower was signed by
Suan M. Schwartz.
Notes for MARY ANN:
1. Before Mary Ann Schwartz died in 2839, she gave to her three daughters, Rosannah, Polly and Juliana
Schwartz, a tract of land, being Mary Ann's share of her late husband Henry Schwartz's estate. Witnesses were
John N. Summers, Jacob Summers, and Nicholas Summers.
Children of HENRY SCHWARTZ and SUSAN M are:
i. JULIANA SCHWARTZ.
Notes for JULIANA SCHWARTZ:
1. On April 18, 1842, George Rickert sold 1-- acres in Lexington District to Julian Schwartz (a female) of
Newberry District. Julian Schwartz then sold the land to John Rickert of Lexington on July 9, 1842. The
deed was delivered to Julian Schwartz on October 22, 1844. (Lexington Deed Book M, pages 552-554)
2. On November 4, 1846, Julian Schwartz of Newberry District sold 44 1/2 acres to John A. Cannon in
Newberry District bounded on the east by land belonging to Adam Epting (son of Jacob and Mary Cannon
Epting), and on all other sides by lands belonging to the said John A. Cannon on the waters of Cannon's
Creek. (Newberry Deed Book DD, pages 212, 213.
ii. MAGDELINA SCHWARTZ.
iii. ROSANNA SCHWARTZ.
iv. MARY SCHWARTZ, b. 1794.
v. JOHN ADAM SCHWARTZ, b. 1803, Newberry, SC; d. 11 Apr 1888, Dutch Fork, SC.
vi. CHRISTIANA SCHWARTZ, b. 1808; m. DAVID KUNKLE; b. 1803; d. Mar 1894.
vii. HENRY SCHWARTZ.
Submitted by: Cindy Swartz
*See the full bio on: Ancestry.com. Please note, a membership from Ancestry.com is needed to access this file.